These are a few of my favorite Books…
- Teaching from Rest by Sarah Makenzie – In this faith-based inspirational book, Sarah that addresses the worries experienced by mothers when it comes to homeschooling. It’s one you can pick up and re-read when you need an extra boost.
- The Read Aloud Family by Sarah Makenzie – This book discusses the connections and new traditions made when reading aloud to your children. It’s never too early or too late to start and she explains how to do it as well as a list of book suggestions.
- The Well Trained Mind by Susan Wise Bauer & Jessie Wise -This is the book that inspired me to homeschool. If you love the classical model then this is your handbook. It is a step by step guide from preschool through high school on how to give your child an academically rigorous, comprehensive education.
- For The Children’s Sake by Susan Schaeffer Macaulay – If you’re interested in homeschooling with the Charlotte Mason method, Susan explains how and why a home education is so important.
- A Charlotte Mason Companion by Karen Andreola – A companion to many Charlotte Mason homeschooling families. This book offers wisdom, encouragement and gentle instruction.
- Call of the Wild + Free by Ainsley Arment – The Wild + Free movement is focused on a love of nature, reading great books, pursuing interests and hobbies, making the entire world a classroom, and prolonging the wonder of childhood, an appealing philosophy that is unpacked in the pages of this book.